ProGuard Service and Solutions Named Supplier of the Year
ROSEMONT, Ill.–(BUSINESS WIRE)– US Foods Holding Corp. (NYSE: USFD) has announced the winners of its 2019 Supplier of the Year Awards, the company’s annual supplier recognition program. US Foods recognized four companies for their innovation, reliability, best-in-class service and shared commitment to helping restaurant operators “Make It.”
“We are proud to highlight our remarkable partners for their hard work, dedication to excellence and consistency with providing the highest quality products and services,” said Andrew Iacobucci, chief merchandising officer, US Foods. “The exceptional contributions from these partners are critical to our success and the success of our foodservice operators across the country. Congratulations to the 2019 winners for continually raising the bar in our industry.”
This year, ProGuard Service and Solutions earned the distinction of Supplier of the Year due to the company’s outstanding team of experts who service US Foods customers, and its expansive selection of innovative products designed to achieve a safe and superior clean environment. ProGuard Service and Solutions was also named the winner in the Non-Foods category for the second year in a row. Harbor Seafood was named the Center-of-the-plate winner, ACE Bakery won the Grocery category and Lipman Family Farms was honored with the Produce category award.
Each of the four categories had five nominees, which were rated on the following key criteria:
- Great Food: How efficiently the supplier delivers on innovation, product quality and the potential for line expansions and growth.
- Made Easy: The quality of the business relationship between the supplier and US Foods, including service levels, as well as field and seller support and collaboration.
- We Help You Make It: How the supplier exemplifies the US Foods cultural beliefs and the importance of working together toward shared goals.
Winners were selected by the US Foods field leadership, merchandising and sales associates who interact with the suppliers daily. The four companies were honored for the following contributions:
- Center-of-the-plate Award: Harbor Seafood is a trusted partner that has been a leader in the seafood industry since 1975. The company’s focus on responsible sourcing practices has created invaluable opportunities to strengthen the assortment of sustainably sourced seafood offerings for US Foods customers across the country.
- Grocery Award: ACE Bakery is a valued supplier and shares US Foods’ commitment to creating delicious products that are versatile and easy to prepare. Their dedication to consistently delivering high-quality baked goods is what has made this such a strong and long-lasting partnership.
- Non-Foods Award: ProGuard Service and Solutions works closely with US Foods to provide high-quality cleaning and sanitizing products. Through their innovation and deep industry knowledge, they are focused on providing best-in-class solutions to help create a clean and safe work environment for customers.
- Produce Award: Lipman Family Farms is a tremendous collaborator and only provides US Foods with the highest quality produce. With their strategically located farms, and seamless packing and distribution network, they deliver on their guarantee of being North America’s most dependable source of fresh tomatoes and vegetables.
About US Foods
US Foods is one of America’s great food companies and a leading foodservice distributor, partnering with approximately 300,000 restaurants and foodservice operators to help their businesses succeed. With 28,000 associates and more than 70 locations, US Foods provides its customers with a broad and innovative food offering and a comprehensive suite of e-commerce, technology and business solutions. US Foods is headquartered in Rosemont, Ill., and generates more than $28 billion in annual revenue. Visit usfoods.com to learn more.