3M’s Green Seal GS-20 certified floor pad portfolio continues to expand
PAUL, Minn. – October 14, 2019 –With sustainability being top of mind in almost every industry, 3M prioritizes developing products with sustainable attributes. This effort has led to two additional floor pads from 3M receiving Green Seal’s Certification of Environmental Innovation under the GS-20 standard, which recognizes products that significantly reduce environmental impact through product innovation.
The newly certified floor pads from 3M include:
- 3M™ Red Buffer Pad 5100
- 3M™ TopLine Autoscrubber Pad 5000
Joining eight previously certified 3M™ and Scotch-Brite™ branded floor pads, these floor pads provide users with sustainability benefits that include:
- Improved function at initial use and mid-life and improved durability, meaning they get the job done faster or require fewer pads to get the job done over time.
- Floor pads produced in a “zero-landfill” facility, resulting in less waste in landfills. Additionally, the waste created during the manufacturing process is reused or recycled.
- Floor pads produced using water-based resins or contain at least 50 percent post-consumer recycled materials.
- Packaging that is 100 percent recyclable and made with 50-100 percent recycled content.
“At 3M, we strive to develop products that not only help our customers’ productivity but also support their sustainability goals and minimize overall environmental impact,” said Thomas Huie, Marketing Manager for Floor Pads for 3M Commercial Solutions Division. “We’re excited to add two more floor pads to our Green Seal GS-20 certified portfolio, increasing our offering of certified floor pads.”
To learn more, visit 3M.com/FloorPads.
At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $33 billion in sales, our 93,000 employees connect with customers all around the world. Learn more about 3M’s creative solutions to the world’s problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNews.