ATLANTA – January 15, 2020 – Unpleasant odors in indoor environments can result in customer complaints, lost business and even evacuations and closures in extreme cases. To avoid these issues, Oxy-Gen Powered offers some best practices for managing malodors.
“When facilities prioritize odor control, they set themselves up for success by providing employees and guests with a pleasant-smelling environment every day,” said Chris Whiting, Executive Vice President – North America, Oxy-Gen Powered. “With so many options available in the market, it’s important to find an odor eliminating system that is not only effective but also sustainable and customizable.”
Consider the following best practices to eliminate malodors within your facility:
- Identify odor hot spots: Facilities must manage a wide range of malodors that occur in various areas of a building. For instance, odors from urine and feces often plague restrooms while cooking odors can linger in kitchens and dining areas. Mold and mildew, pet odors and body odors can occur anywhere and anytime.
- Select a scent that suits your business. Look for an odor eliminating system that offers a wide range of fragrances as well as non-fragrant options. Some facilities prefer using the same fragrance throughout to build brand recognition. Yet other businesses may like using one fragrance in restrooms and different fragrances in areas like lobbies, dining areas and corridors. Regardless of which option your facility selects, the cartridges should contain a malodor counteractant to effectively neutralize airborne odor molecules and maintain indoor air freshness.
- Consider the sustainability of the system. Aerosol air fresheners release volatile organic compounds (VOCs) like butane, propane and isopropyl alcohol that pollute the air, and they require frequent replacement, resulting in excess waste. To promote good indoor air quality, the system your facility installs should have no chlorofluorocarbons (CFCs), propellants, alcohols or allergens, and no added VOCs or solvents. An oxygen fuel cell powered option releases fragrance through evaporation and thus is better for the environment and building occupants.
- Set your fragrance intensity and duration. Customizable air fresheners allow users to set the fragrance intensity and duration to their preferences. Consider purchasing cartridges that allow for 30-, 60- or 90-day scent delivery. With a 30-day setting the system will provide a more powerful fragrance; at 60 days the fragrance level will be normal; at 90 days the system will be equally effective, but the scent will be less intense.
- Replace cartridges as needed. To ensure continuous odor elimination, make sure that employees responsible for facility maintenance change the system’s cartridges as needed. Ideally, the solution will offer visual clues when replacement is required, such as a red flashing light when the cartridge is no longer releasing fragrance.
About Oxy-Gen Powered
Oxy-Gen Powered is an innovator in odor elimination, offering effective and economical air-freshening solutions that deliver Freshness, All the Time! Patented fuel-cell technology is powered by pure oxygen to deliver consistent and continuous fragrance intensity. Unlike metered aerosols, gel and liquid products and passive systems, Oxy-Gen Powered’s reliable, safe and eco-friendly solutions eliminate malodors, rather than mask them. For more information, visit www.oxygenpowered.com.