Early Bird Pricing Ends January 31
January 8, 2020—Toronto, Canada— Canadian Sustainability Conference (CSC) 2020 takes place April 7-8 in the Delta Toronto Airport Conference Centre and promises to deliver.
Education from world-renown keynotes and subject-matter experts, the latest innovations from the most cutting-edge manufacturers and service providers, networking with other management-level decision-makers, meeting with soon-to-be graduates in sustainability studies—and potential new hires. The combination of these opportunities makes CSC 2020 an important conference for anyone looking for personal and business growth in the areas of cleaning, infection prevention and sustainability—especially those from the education, health care, building service contracting, in-house facility services, property management and government sectors.
CSC 2020, sponsored by MCL Sustainable Cleaning Solutions and its partner, the Canadian Association of Environmental Management (CAEM), features three outstanding keynotes:
- Record-breaking astronaut, aquanaut and renowned scientist and health care leadership expert Dr. Dave Williams
- Canadian football Hall of Fame member and Pinball Clemons Foundation founder Michael “Pinball” Clemons
- Technology evangelist, TV/radio personality, author and YouTube mega-host Marc Saltzman
These three leaders will share their insights into what makes attaining worthy goals possible, inspiring attendees to refuse to settle for mediocrity, and rather, to achieve the true success that is within reach.
In addition to being motivated by CSC 2020’s keynote speakers, attendees should be prepared to immerse themselves in the straightforward, immediately applicable advice and implementation strategies shared by the conference’s phenomenal lineup of field experts.
The expert presenters in this year’s educational program—which is sponsored by Ryerson University and University of Victoria’s Gustavson School of Business —will cover every important phase of leadership imaginable through its three main educational tracks:
• Sustainability and Social Responsibility
• Leadership and Next Gen Strategies
• Cleaning and Infection Prevention.
Hands-on applications, data-backed research, board-level strategizing and budget and financial considerations are just a few of this year’s full line up of relevant educational topics. CSC 2020’s impressive roster of speakers includes:
• Chief commercial officer for ICS Facility Services Neil Lathangue
• Environmental support services director of Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre Lou Fernandes
• CEO of DCS Global and chair of the Canadian Commercial Cleaning Association Randy Burke
• Chief strategy officer of ManageMen, Inc. (founder/owner of the OS1 cleaning system and Janitor University) Ben Walker
• M.Sc. applied scientist and founder/owner of Wilcox EVS Green Cleaning and Infection Control Specialists Heidi Wilcox
• Nurse and infection control specialist for Clorox Canada Barley Chironda
• Managing partner and head of mergers and acquisitions for
ICS Facility Services Tom Breckles
• Chief operating officer of ICS Facility Services Ross Manley
• Academic coordinator and lead instructor for the G. Raymond Chang School of Continuing Education at Ryerson University Dr. Saeed Nejatian
• Founder of Good Investing Tim Nash
• Manager of energy and climate change initiatives at Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre Michael Lithgow
• President of the Canadian Association of Environmental Management (CAEM), founder of CleanLearning and environmental services consultant Keith Sopha
• LitPark CEO and certified sustainability practitioner Karen Malone
• Managing director of Steward Wise Andrea Chmielinski
• Chief technology officer of Efficient Apps and CEO of Ashlin Technology Solutions Andrew Lindzon, LLB, CFA Level 1&2
• Senior researcher for CAEM B. Douglas Ford, MA
• President of Westech Cleaning Audit Systems and director of education for CAEM Dean Waisman, BBA.
Three in One
In addition to the more “formal” sessions, CSC 2020 is ripe with other opportunities for professional development, not the least of which is the expo portion of the conference. Open both days, the expo floor (already more than 60 percent sold out) will feature such powerhouses as 3M, Cascades, Buckeye, Nilfisk and 85-plus other leading manufacturers and service providers involved in cleaning, infection prevention, property management and sustainability. It is the only event in the world to bring together the newest products and services available in these closely aligned, increasingly vital segments. These knowledgeable manufacturers and service providers will show attendees how the latest innovations can help them do more with less—less budget, less manpower and less waste—while helping them run their businesses and departments more effectively and efficiently.
Join the Power Network
No one should underestimate the powerful professional development opportunities afforded by CSC 2020 to network with top decision-makers responsible for cleaning, infection prevention, sustainability and purchasing within the education, health care, building service contracting, in-house facility services, government and property owner and management sectors. Networking opportunities abound to forge new and strengthen existing relationships during the evening Networking Reception (April 7, 6 p.m.-9 p.m.) or the informal continental breakfasts, lunches or impromptu meetings that naturally occur in the educational sessions or on the expo floor. Once again, CSC2020 is the only event where all these leaders will gather to share experiences and insights, allowing attendees to expand their personal and business networks and learn real-world tactics that can help them take their operations to the next level.
Welcome a New Generation
In keeping with the conference’s “Beyond Green,” theme is its focus on sustainability, which is also the centerpiece of CSC 2020’s Youth Delegate program. This one-of-a-kind program is designed to introduce a new generation of decision-makers to the cleaning and infection prevention/health care industries by showcasing their strong stance on sustainability, social responsibility and innovation. Through the program, students preparing to graduate are introduced to the industries by attending the educational sessions, meeting the best-in-class exhibiting manufacturers and networking with leading industry decision-makers. Best, the learning is designed to go both ways. During the CSC2020 Lunch & Learn, in addition to gaining insight from select mentors, the students will share their insights into what attracts workers of their caliber and age group to join and stay with a company.
With all these opportunities for professional development, anyone involved in managing the cleaning, infection prevention and sustainability functions within education, health care, building service contracting, in-house facility services, government and/or property ownership and management can’t afford to miss CSC2020.
Register today to take advantage of the attendee discounted Early Bird pricing that ends January 31, 2020.
The Canadian Sustainability Conference (CSC) is Canada’s premier event for the cleaning, infection prevention and control, purchasing and sustainability industries. The conference, hosted by MCL Sustainable Cleaning Solutions and its strategic partner, Canadian Association of Environmental Management (CAEM), attracts CEOs, directors, managers, supervisors and other top-level management from the education, health care, government, building service contractor, integrated facility services, property owners and management and related sectors. For more information, visit sustainabilityconference.ca or contact Warren Jacobs at email@example.com, phone 416-456-9277, or Mike Sawchuk at firstname.lastname@example.org, phone 905-932-6501.
About MCL Sustainable Cleaning Solutions
Established in December 1973, MCL Sustainable Cleaning Solutions is a second-generation family owned distributor of janitorial, cleaning and maintenance supplies with a focus on sustainability and new technologies that help customers maintain clean, healthy and sustainable environments. With locations in Vaughan and North Bay Canada, MCL Sustainable Cleaning Solutions offers next day delivery of top-quality lines throughout Canada. For more information, visit mclgreen.com or call 800-430-9555.
The principle function of the member-driven Canadian Association of Environmental Management (CAEM) is to promote the professional growth and development of its members and support best practice cleaning and disinfection practices with the objective of reducing hospital acquired infection caused by environmental surface contamination. Founded in 1971 as the Canadian Administrative Housekeepers Association (CAHA), the association changed its name in 2003 to better reflect the growing changes to the healthcare industry as it relates to Environmental Services. For more information, visit caenvironmentalmanagement.com.